These short sessions are designed for people who are interested in finding out about Makaton and deciding whether or not to attend Makaton training.
The Taster gives you a general introduction into what Makaton is and who uses it, with the opportunity to learn a few signs and symbols too.
People who are interested either in finding out about Makaton or with a view to attending a Beginners' or Foundation Workshop at a later date.
• Develop awareness of the use of non-verbal communication Experience the feelings and emotions associated with a communication difficulty
• Find out how Makaton can help communication to be more meaningful and effective for individuals with communication difficulties.
• Learn the signs and symbols for 20 everyday concepts plus further signs tailored to your specific needs.
• Learn about key word signing.
• Develop ability to use the signs and symbols learnt in this workshop in own environment.
• Find out about Makaton resources available to support users learning and further Makaton training available.
This session provides a general insight into what Makaton is and who uses it with the added opportunity to learn some starter signs and symbols too! This fun and interactive session also provides the opportunity to discuss ideas on how you could use Makaton.
Participants receive handouts covering the vocabulary they have learned and general information regarding further Makaton training and Makaton resources.
Duration: Approximately 1 hour
We can deliver the workshop at your venue for a group of people, please contact us to find out more.